Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Anthracite Is the New Grey for Boots

I am absolutely the last one to be obsessed with fashion.  In fact, if you ask me, "what's in style for men these days," I'll give you a blank stare.  Who cares?  (Sorry to offend anyone who does.  I don't.)

Anyway, I occasionally come upon some great boot finds.  A couple weeks ago, I found a great deal for a pair of dark grey Lucchese Classic cowboy boots which will be great for my new workplace. 

I've always liked grey cowboy boots.  Back in my early work career at a University, a couple of students showed up for a meeting, both wearing grey cowboy boots.  Man, I couldn't take my eyes off those boots!  I got myself a pair, and subsequently have almost worn them out.  

As I surfed around looking for an affordable pair of grey cowboy boots, I discovered this pair of Lucchese ostrich cowboy boots that looked grey in the photo, but the color on the listing was called "anthracite." 

Anthracite?  What's that?  Oh yeah, it's a form of coal.  I looked it up on line, and the natural rock is grey.  I even sent a message to the company selling the boots, and their response was the same, "it's grey."

So, "anthracite" is the new "grey" for boots.  Just so 'ya know ... particularly for the more fashion conscious among 'ya.

Life is short:  wear boots!

No comments: