Friday, October 22, 2010

Unexpected "Date Night"

Yesterday my partner called me during the day -- which caused my heart to skip a beat, because he never calls me on the phone unless it's an emergency.  He said, "change your dinner plans, put away whatever you got out to make.  I'm taking care of dinner tonight."  And he wouldn't say much more....

When he arrived home from work, he handed me a bouquet of flowers and pulled out some bags from a restaurant up the road that we both like (though don't go to but maybe once a year.)  He said, "it's a date night... let's enjoy dinner and snuggle after."

He pulled out the china and set the table in our formal dining room.  He plated the meal and seated me, held my hand, and told me that he loved me.  We toasted each other with our respective glasses of water.  

Awww... how sweet.  For no reason at all, he brought me flowers and dinner and wow, was he ever snuggly! 

Damn, I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.

Life is short: show those you love that you love them.

No comments: