Monday, July 11, 2011

The Ballgame

Well, I finally went to see a professional baseball game at the new stadium that was built a few years ago in Washington, DC. The owner of the company I work for invited the staff (and one guest each) and hosted us at a suite at the ballpark, complete with food, drink, very comfy seats, and an excellent view.

My partner and I took the Metro to get there. I had forgotten how awful that subway system of ours had become (slow, herky-jerky, expensive, infrequent trains, and very crowded). Nonetheless, we made it.

I was impressed with the stadium. You could see the game very well. There were LCD TVs all over the place showing the scoring, who was up at bat, what they did, and repeats of certain plays that were interesting to see up close.

Of course, I didn't know much about what was going on, so I appreciated that my partner was able to explain it all to me so I didn't come across to my colleagues as a complete idiot.

It was a nice outing, but I have to say, "been there, done that." I really don't want to go back. I'm just not interested in baseball and dealing with the hassles of getting into and out of the city.

Life is short: enjoy a ballgame (about once a decade)

No comments: