Sunday, November 20, 2011

Grrrrrr!ay Leather

I had a chance to take a ride yesterday while the weather was sunny and pleasantly cool. It was about 50°F (10°C), which was perfect weather to break in my custom gray leather jacket and my matching gray leather pants that I bought earlier this year from Johnson Leather of San Francisco, California, USA.

These leathers are thick and warm, and are made for cold-weather riding. They are very comfortable, and look great. Funny thing happened on the ride, too....

I have said before, not all leather must be black! But I did wear a traditional pair of tall black Wesco Boss boots. They are comfortable boots and keep my legs warm.

This gear attracted some attention when I stopped at a few places along my ride. The funniest incident was when I was mounting my Harley in a parking lot, and a guy rode up in a tricked-out, hot Camaro. He got out of his car, looked me up and down, and said, "Grrrrrr!" I just smiled. The term "Grrrrrr" in the Gay Leathermen Community is an expression of appreciation and admiration. LOL!

It was great to get out for an unexpected ride on a pleasantly cool day in full leather.

Life is short: appreciate all the "Grrrrrs" you can get!

No comments: