Saturday, November 12, 2011

Milestone Birthday

Today is a milestone birthday for my beloved partner. I will be devoting the entire day to bringing joy to his life, and showing him how much I love him. I have a few tricks up my sleeve...

I will begin the morning with our usual routine of a slow-wake, warm snuggle, then give him a soothing massage.

I will prepare his favourite breakfast, home-made waffles (cialda), sausage, and fresh-squeezed orange juice. No coffee -- neither he nor I drink the stuff.

I will distract him after breakfast, but be there to witness the fun when a hunky dude in a cop uniform comes by to bring him a lemon meringue pie. I arranged with a friend who is a professional singer and dancer to dress as a cop (including wearing a pair of my Dehner boots) and come over to "entertain" my partner by presenting him with a song, dance, and his absolute favorite sweet for his birthday, a lemon meringue pie. I baked the pie yesterday and snuck it over to my friend's house, so he will bring it back to us through what I anticipate to be a very creative delivery method! LOL!

My partner wants me to take him to lunch at a new restaurant in the heart of Snoburbia -- the western part of the county where we live. Sure... whatever he wants. It's his special day!

I am trying not to overload his birthday, but I would not be surprised if some of my closest friends and siblings came by to wish him a happy birthday. We are not having a party -- my partner hates noise, crowds, parties, and confusion. While I thrive on that kind of thing, my partner doesn't. Since it is his special day, I have made it very clear with all potential visitors that we're keeping it "low key."

I will prepare a special meal for dinner that my partner requested -- butcher-cut Angus beef steaks on the grill, with home-made potato wedges, green beans, and a side salad. Water to drink (we don't drink alcohol, either), and after dinner, the lemon meringue pie.

After dinner, I plan to bring my partner into our basement media/leisure room, turn on some music that he likes, hold his hand, look deeply into his eyes, and...

Life is short: show those you love how you love them.

No comments: