Monday, November 28, 2011

Out Riding Again!

Woo-hoo! I can't believe it... Sunday, November 27, and it reached 70F! (21C). By early afternoon, my partner and I had done all we could do on our home project. He said, "it's so warm and sunny, why don't you go for a ride?"

He didn't have to ask twice.

Then I got to thinking. Day before yesterday, a buddy mentioned in a comment on Facebook that he would be interested in going on a ride with me on my Harley, as he had never ridden on a motorcycle before. I called him (he shall remain nameless, but if you saw his face and lived in my county, you probably would recognize him). He happily said, "yes!" when I asked if he wanted to go with me on a ride. I went over to his house, gave him instructions on riding as a passenger, handed him a helmet, put my helmet on, then we mounted the Harley and took off.

Yep, two guys on a Harley. Oooohhh... some people get all tworked about two men riding on the same motorcycle. Sheesh... get over your hang-ups, stereotypes, and homophobia. My buddy is a happily married heterosexual. I am a monogamously-partnered gay guy. So what? My buddy and I have been friends for over 25 years. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with our relationship as friends. Riding a Harley as a passenger doesn't, either.

We enjoyed a 40-mile ride along Maryland's beautiful country roads and byways on what I term a true bonus post-season riding day. Smiles for miles...

Life is short: RIDE!

No comments: