Friday, March 4, 2011

Dad

My Dad was born 100 years ago today.  I only knew him for 12 years before he died. We made many memories during those years, and I'm sure we would have made more had he lived longer.  He was a diplomat, an exceptionally intelligent man, spoke 22 languages and loved all of us kids so deeply.  Gosh, even after all this time... he died 41 years ago... I still miss him.

So this is just a note to say, "Happy Birthday, Daddy!"  I hope I turned out okay. Your legacy leads me in many ways, both professionally and personally, and I am grateful for having you in my life, even as short as our time together on this earth was.

For those of you who still have a Dad -- give him a call, go pay a visit, and let him know you care.  You are fortunate to have the ability to do that, as I do not except through prayer.

Life is short:  remember those you love and show them that you love them.

No comments: