Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tears of Romance

My partner is such a romantic guy.

I had a hectic day at work yesterday, with one thing after another going on. Nothing was wrong, but I didn't have a break all day. Then after work, I dropped by that house I am renovating to put in another hour of electrical work while it was still daylight. (The house doesn't have the power turned on, so I have to work when I can see what I'm doing.)

When I got home, I changed out of my dirty jeans into some leather, just 'cause. I then got to work preparing dinner for my partner and me.

As I was preparing our meal, I heard the door open in the basement, then close. I saw my partner out in the back yard. I didn't think much about it, because he likes to stroll in the gardens.

I was absorbed in my cooking tasks, and heard a noise. I looked up, and there was my partner, reaching toward me with a huge bunch of daffodils cut from our garden. He smiled, handed me the flowers, and said those three simple but powerful words, "I love you."

My reaction was to smile, embrace him, and then feel tears stream down my face. The tears welled up because my partner still brings me flowers and shows he loves me ... after all these years. I have such deep, true passionate love for my one-and-only. He is such a romantic man. I am so richly blessed to have someone in my life who loves me so deeply.

Life is short: show those that you love that you love them!

No comments: