Sunday, June 12, 2011

Progressive Parade to Celebrate "The Greats" Achievements

Four Great Nephews graduated high school recently, and all celebrated with parties yesterday. The family arranged it such that we went to one house, spent a couple hours, then another house, spent a couple hours, and another and another until we reached the last one at the end of the day. 58 miles between each of the four celebrations, plus travel to and from put 100 miles on the Harley.

I shared joy by taking each graduate from his respective party to the next celebration on my Harley in this "progressive parade" of family celebration. I was the bad-ass-biker-Great-Uncle (again! LOL!)

At first, I wasn't sure I could make it, as I was ill most of Friday night with a rather bad Crohn's attack. Fortunately, it abated in time for me to get the Harley out. Good, too, that the storms in the forecast didn't happen. The progressive parties were a lot of fun -- and filling!

Way too hot and humid for leather. Jeans, t-shirt, lightweight Chippewa engineer boots without steel toes ruled the day.

Life is short: show those you love that you love them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I wish I could have been there with you! Where are the pics? There have to be pics!

I know, I know... go look in the on-line family album. Meanwhile, kudos to you for bringing some fun to our graduates!

Love,

J