Friday, June 17, 2011

Suited and Booted

Regular readers know that I abhor dressing up, but there are times when it becomes necessary for my job.  I had a major presentation to do for various big and bigger cheeses, including some international visitors.

So I broke out the suit -- well, not really a suit because I do not own one -- but I have a jacket and pants that match, though made by different manufacturers. The material in both the jacket and pants are the same, so it looks for all intents and purposes like a suit.

To appease my inner leather soul, I wore a blue leather tie.

To appease my feet (and my head, as I absolutely cannot wrap my head around the idea of wearing dress shoes), I wore some very nice, clean, well-shined, Lucchese Classic goatskin cowboy boots.

While you see me with a cowboy hat on in this photo, I didn't wear it for the cheeses. Nope, my head was nekkid (giggle.)

So, it is possible for me to wear a suit. I am just thankful that I don't have to wear one but once in a blue moon.

BTW, I had to attend a funeral of a friend the other day. What did I wear? A dress shirt, no tie, clean denim jeans and a different pair of cowboy boots. Why not a suit? I fear that the little old lady who I cared for -- the deceased -- would strike me with a bolt of lightning. She knew very well that I'm not a suit guy, and never saw me in anything other than shirt, jeans, and boots. Period.

Life is short: do what you have to do, even if you don't like it.

P.S.: please do not write to me and tell me that I look good this way. One may put on appearances, but the real guy is not that guy. Not me. Not suits. No way.

No comments: