Saturday, January 9, 2010

Going Grey

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: leather doesn't always have to be black.

I received my delayed Christmas present from my partner: a short-sleeved grey leather shirt. It has black leather accents and white piping. It's gorgeous! The top grain leather from which it is made is in the 9-10oz range, so it is thick and warm, but soft and flexible. Man, this is about the highest quality leather garment I have ever owned.

It was made custom for me by 665 Leather of North Hollywood, California. They were having this "Black Friday sale"... and, ahem, hints were given and my beloved partner, the excellent listener, responded.

It goes very well with my custom grey chaps and underchaps that I had made by Northbound Leather of Toronto, Canada, in 2004. The outfit is a bit "out there in leatherland" so I don't think I will wear it as I go about my community business. But I will wear it when I ride my Harley... some day... when this darned cold snap abates and the snow and ice all goes away. Some day....

Grrrrr! More pics of this shirt are on my website.

Life is short: wear your leather!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats an awsome looking shirt! Interesting that you say it is 8-9 oz. The leather I buy for tooling is 7-8 oz (or so it says) and it is very very thick. Those cuffs I sent are suppose to be 7-8 oz. Im serious to see if you think they actually are.