Sunday, January 17, 2010

Leather Weekend!

It is Leather Weekend in Washington, DC! Time for Mid-Atlantic Leather. Alas, I did not participate in any of the MAL activities, either official or unofficial, such as the HotBoots gathering yesterday afternoon. I didn't even travel more than a few kilometers from my home, out in the suburbs of the city (about 20km from downtown.)

In honour of Leather Weekend, even though I chose to do other things and not participate, I wore full leather commencing Friday evening and all through the weekend as I went about my daily life.

Saturday morning, I wore
a short-sleeved leather shirt and leather jeans over Chippewa firefighter boots. When outdoors, I had a simple black motorcycle jacket on. I presided over a public meeting with my community group, followed by grocery shopping with my senior friends, then doing our own grocery shopping, too. I checked in on my lovely aunt and ran some errands, as well.

On Saturday afternoon, my partner felt well enough to put on some leather gear, and asked me to put on my LAPD leather uniform. We modeled our new wrist cuffs about which I blogged the other day. These cuffs have a great masculine appearance and feel great. My partner loves his, as I enjoy wearing mine. After taking some photos, we watched a movie at home. (Haven't done that in a long time!)

Today I have a meeting with a state senator as we prepare his campaign re-election website, and I work with him on his bill regarding a requirement to use only hands-free mobile devices while driving -- a perennial issue for me that our spineless state legislature can't seem ever to pass out of committee despite the weighty evidence and studies about distracted driving.

Since rain will fall all day today, I have on my naked leather jeans, long-sleeved leather shirt, and lug-soled Wesco Harness boots that give good grip while walking on wet pavement.

After the meeting with my senator, I will change leathers to "more grubby" (such as an old pair of cheap leather jeans and shirt), change into Wesco Combat Boots, and get to work on renovating a house I bought a week ago.

I had a rather typical weekend. Busy with things I do in my regular life, but nothing special. I would like to have hung out at the MAL host hotel for a while and visit with friends who are in town for the special leather weekend; however, my partner is recovering from a set-back he had with his disability, and could not walk nor stand for more than a few minutes. I would not have left him at home while I went off to socialize with the booted leatherdudes, as doing so would make him feel bad, which is the last thing I would want to have happen.

Enjoy your leather! Wear it more often than once a year at MAL, hear?

Life is short: enjoy it in boots and leather.

No comments: