Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Hunk

When I arrived at home from the New Year's party that I attended, a sexy man was waiting for me, silhouetted by our Christmas tree. How would you react if you saw this man waiting for you?

Sproingggg!

My partner and I sure had fun with our own private welcome to 2010!

....in the morning, we slept until after 9am, which is completely unheard of in our household. Not being in a rush, we snuggled closely and talked about our goals, aspirations, thoughts, and ideas for the coming year. What a nice, gentle way to wake up on the first day of the new year.

The rest of New Year's Day was more mundane. I passed on going on an annual polar bear motorcycle ride because there was lot of wet, salty crud on the roads that would spray up on my bike and make it an absolute mess and be hard to clean. Plus, we had a lot of other things to do. We finally "got in gear and going" by noon. I visited my sweet, lovely aunt; we did our weekly grocery shopping; and I did a major carpentry job to double the capacity of a closet so that some of my leather gear can have more room for air to circulate around it. We had a productive afternoon, albeit the day started much later than usual.

I had a nice telephone chat with my twin brother, who made it home safely to where he lives in Europe. I also spoke with my brother-in-heart, AZ, who called to wish a Happy New Year. What a sweet, thoughtful man.

Life is short: enjoy!

No comments: