Saturday, January 16, 2010

Leather Belts

I received an email the other day that asked, "I was wondering have you or your partner ever given someone a belt spanking." (there were a number of typos and misspellings, but that is what was meant.)

It caused me to think (there I go again) ... being a vanilla leatherman in a monogamous relationship with another of the same ....

I guess there are ongoing visual impressions, and perhaps misunderstandings, that anyone who wears leather gear -- particularly the "old guard BLUF" style gear -- enjoys carrying out or observing S&M activities, including hitting someone else with a belt, spanking, or such.

I am not saying that those who enjoy these types of activities are wrong or bad -- BUT... my answer was:

"The only use that my partner and I have for a leather belt is to hold our pants up."

...and that's the truth.

Then the guy wrote back almost immediately and pursued with this statement, "no i ment for punishment" [sic]

My reply was rather terse, as I was becoming annoyed. I said:

"You did not understand me. We never have or ever will use a belt for punishment, period. That's it. We don't do that. We never have done that. We never will. The ONLY use we have for a belt is to hold our pants up. How can I be more clear?"

Generally, I try to be patient with people, but sometimes they just don't get it. The writer may have other "issues" about which I am not aware. But that's it. I do not intend to communicate with him again on this matter. If he cannot understand what I wrote, then there is little more that I can explain or do.

How many belts do I have? Six. I have owned most of them for so long that I do not remember where or when I got them. The belt that I wear most often is a standard western 2" black leather belt -- you know, the kind on which you can change buckles; one belt is a a brown version of the black western belt; one is a brown western belt with conchos; one is a garrison belt that I wear with uniforms; and one is a Sam Browne belt with shoulder strap that I also wear with uniforms; my last belt is a 2-1/2" belt with pyramid studs on it, which I wear with leather jeans.

That's it. I do not own any of those 1" thin leather dress belts. I hate dressing up. My 2" western belts work on my dress pants on the rare occasions I have to wear that garb.

I am rather boring when it comes to belts.

Life is short: keep your pants up (in public).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps English wasn't his first language and he genuinely thought you'd misunderstood his question the first time around?

Booted Harleydude said...

No, he is from the U.S. I know him from other postings.

Generally, I am forgiving with the use of English as I know many visitors to my website and this blog are in other countries... but not this person.

Shane said...

I agree about the skinny belts. I have DunLap disease just a bit and I don't like belts. I got some side-laced leather pants recently however and they are heavy. If I don't wear a belt they work their way down .. Lol.