Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Surprise Boots -- An Act of Kindness

I blogged about Justin Bent Rail Buckaroo boots on December 5, 2009, when I took a poll among blog visitors to determine which pair of boots to get next. The choices were blue Nocona ostrich cowboy boots or Justin "Bent Rail" buckaroo boots. The Justin boots didn't win the poll. I like the boots, but I didn't buy them and was debating about buying them at some time in the future.

When I arrived home on the afternoon of Monday, January 4, I saw a box at my doorstep. The Justin boots were inside it. The return address was the Justin Boot factory in Texas. There was nothing inside the box such as a note or packing list or anything that would tell me who sent the boots.

I asked my partner and my brother-in-heart, AZ, if either of them gave me the boots. They responded with almost the same words: "give you another pair of boots? Are you nuts? You have too many!"

I dunno. Is it possible to have too many boots?

I digress. I am deeply appreciative of the time and trouble that someone went through to get these boots for me, anonymously. What a terrific act of kindness! Acts of Kindness in any form -- from sharing a smile, sending a card, giving a gift, or helping someone -- brighten lives and let someone know he or she is appreciated, loved, and cared for.

I definitely will enjoy this wonderful pair of boots. I put them with a pair of Wrangler jeans, and then wore them to work with dress slacks. They feel and look great!

THANK YOU, OH ANONYMOUS ONE! (You know how to find me if you wish to reveal yourself in some way).

Thanks to my dear friend, Kevin, for helping me with this blog post! He always knows just what to say -- especially on those very rare occasions when I am at a loss for words.

Life is short: enjoy those unexpected surprises!

Update: I am glad to see that our friends at Justin Brands, along with at least two of their marketing and PR/Advertising firms (Balcom and Nuvox) have found this post. I hope you have enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats awsome! I like blue and brown leather together as opposed to brown on brown. Those are great boots.