Sunday, August 29, 2010

Come Stay At My Vacation Home

Sorry, fellas, this isn't an invitation for you to come to a vacation home that I own. I don't own one. This was an invitation that I received from a good friend.

"Come chill. Do nothing. Sit and watch the water, read, relax."

... sounds inviting.

However, when she extended the invitation to me, I was caught off-guard. I mean, who wouldn't want to take a weekend and just go "veg" ... "chill out" or whatever you want to call it.

Well, who wouldn't is me. I admit. I thanked my friend for her offer, but declined.

Why? Well... first of all, I'm really too much of a "Type A" guy to sit and chill for any length of time. I always seem to be up and doing something from home repairs to caring for my aunt and elderly friends to preparing chef's creations in our kitchen to ... writing blog posts. I dunno, I'm the type of guy who can't sit still for very long.

I'm afraid that if I were to go to my friend's place, I'd be fretting about the stuff I could have been doing had I been at home. Isn't that sad, in a way? Oh well, it's just how I am.

Further, I wouldn't go off somewhere without my partner, and my partner is so antisocial that he wouldn't want to "chill" with other people around. So I have a conundrum of knowing that taking a day completely "off" and relaxing would be good for me, but not something I would enjoy.

So be it, I am very much of a "home-body" these days. I choose to relax by helping other people (that really is something I enjoy), riding my Harley, cooking in my chef's kitchen, and sharing company with my partner. Even if we don't go anywhere. He has my heart, and you know what they say, "home is where the heart is."

Life is short: enjoy it your own way in your own space.

No comments: