Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm Taken

Having a website and a blog inevitably results in receiving the occasional email from guys who are interested in more than my boots or leather. Receiving such email on these rare occasions is flattering. However, they miss the note in my profile that clearly says that I am in a monogamous relationship.

I do not intend to mislead you -- I really do not receive much email at all, and very few email messages making "certain suggestions."

A few years ago if I received a suggestive email message, my first response was to say to myself, "what, this guy can't read?" Then I thought about it for a while, and realized that most read a few pages, and do not see the pages that describe my relationship. Nowadays I reply to say, "thanks, I am flattered, but I'm 'taken'."

I enjoy camaraderie with lots of people. I enjoy exchanging email with people from all over the world. I learn a lot. I appreciate the comments and different ways of thinking. But that's my limit: no clandestine meet-ups, no traveling to meet other men, no playing around behind my partner's back... none of that.

Yep, I'm taken. I remain in love with one man. Bound by our hearts, we continue to make bootprints of our journey.

Life is short: love is sweet.

No comments: