Sunday, August 22, 2010

Out Riding

I led a ride yesterday. In order to lead a ride, I had to take more than several "test-runs" earlier in the week, one of them with my brother. The trials were not all that successful, but even though I didn't complete the route during the test-run, I learned what would work and what would not work; what roads to take and what roads we could not navigate, or were closed due to repairs and a detour was required. I also learned not to rely on the GPS completely. Great as a guide, but not the final authority.

If you want to know how a typical group motorcycle ride works, read this previous blog post.

All 14 of us had a great time riding the Maryland back roads and byways on a bright, sunny, delightful day. Not too hot, not cool ... just right for Harleys and the smiles of the riders who enjoyed the ride that I led.

Life is short: get out, ride, and enjoy it!

No comments: