Saturday, July 31, 2010

Change of Priorities

Yesterday was bright, sunny, and the humidity which is prevalent in the DC/Maryland area was non-existent. My mother-in-law is on her way home. The week's visit wasn't that bad. I'll miss my partner, though, as he drove her back to her home and will spend the weekend and return Monday.

The "honey-do" chores are all done, and I have the whole weekend to myself! Woo-hoo! Time for this biker to pull on his boots, leathers, and get out for a ride!

But wait... my heart strings were pulled when I visited my aunt in the morning. There she is, confined indoors when it's so nice outside. Instead of riding to nowhere just for me, instead, I gently got my aunt into her wheelchair and took her for a walk. Well, let's say I did the walking, but she enjoyed the outing! There I am in leather jeans, biker boots, and a leather shirt, smiling as I stroll along with my aunt. She's so sweet. I think the fresh air did her good, and her smile is all I need to warm my heart.

By the time I got back home, I had to do some consulting work and before I knew it, time had flown and it was too late to go for a ride. My priorities changed, but for the good of my aunt's health, and my own happiness.

Tomorrow, though, this tall-booted leather-wearing guy is definitely going for a ride! It's about damn time!

Life is short: show those you love that you love them.

No comments: