Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sneakers Against the Law?

I saw another google search that landed on this blog. The question entered was, "is it against the law to wear sneakers on a motorcycle?" I presume the person meant, "while operating a motorcycle."

Well, unfortunately, it is not illegal to wear sneakers while operating a motorcycle. However, in my opinion, wearing sneakers, "tennies," sandals, flip-flops, or bare feet while operating a motorcycle is just stupid.

I have blogged about this here, here, and here, so I won't repeat.

While I think that motorcycle operators should wear long pants and boots at all times while riding, I don't think government should pass a law requiring that. There are a number of laws on the books that address "stupid." Unfortunately, outlawing sneakers and motorcycle riding isn't one of them.

For gosh sakes, use your common sense. Repeat after me: "sneakers are for the gym. Boots are for motorcycles." Period.

Life is short: wear boots while riding. Always.

No comments: